Friday, April 3, 2009

Diapers


Making cloth diapers is SOOO time consuming. Now I understand why most of them cost around $15-18 each up to $35 (I would never pay that much for 1 diaper by the way). I spent almost 2 hours cutting out 6 of the 24 absorbent body layers needed for 12 diapers!!! Geez. Anyhow, I still love using cloth diapers, but Jakey has a bad diaper rash right now, so my sweet sweet sister-in-law gave me 6 pull-ups for Jakey to use today to see if it helps clear it up. They are pink and they are Dora themed, but I'm not going to complain...I'm just thankful. Now, we better not let dad see him in pink underwear though...that would be interesting to say the least. Just until his bum gets better. Enough about my sweet baby's bum...I am posting a picture of the cloth diapers we currently use, hanging out to dry. I feel like if I had to say what the theme of 2008 and 2009 was I would say "getting back to basics." Last year I started line drying diapers and some other clothes, baking my own bread several times a week, making dinner every night (very rarely going out to eat, and usually that will just be on the way out of Costco getting a hot dog), using cloth diapers, sewing and mending clothes instead of buying new, going longer between haircuts, etc. all to save money so I can stay home and raise Jacob. I think that, correction --- know that God has honored our decision to do that and has provided enough money to make it every month, never once have we not had enough to eat or gone without. We don't have a bunch of extra stuff and do as much as we used to and some things are kinda "little house on the prairie" style, but hey---I like Little House on the Prairie. I like the simpleness of that time. Of course, I do like a hairdryer and indoor plumbing, and not killing my own food to eat to though. That sounds gross, maybe I'll become a vegetarian...I'm 1/2 serious. I've been looking into raw foods for some time now and I might just do it. Also my extensions, I can't live without my extensions.

No comments:

Post a Comment